As there doesn’t appear to be that many resources around using local mode with VMware View Particularly with View 5.0 and 5.1 here are a few notes and resources around using VMware View with local mode
- With versions of VMware View prior to 5.1 the transfer server had to be installed on a VM with an LSI Logic Parrellel adapter, as of 5.1 this has now been resolved and you can no use LSI SAS or PVSCSI
- With VMware View Client 5.0 the Hardware Version of the VM had to be version 7, with 5.1 of the Windows Clients this has now been resolved.
- Note it is only possible to put a dedicated desktop into local mode, this is mentioned a few times in the documentation but there is now where that explicitly mentions that local mode with floating pools isn’t supported
- A good resource around many aspects of the local mode configuration is in the documentation centre below
- When configuring local mode desktop ensure the policy is set to allow desktop to work offline as below